Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!

От Terry Mackintosh
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Dumping of views -- done!
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Bruce

On Sat, 3 Oct 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi all
> >
> > Is it too late to add a feature to pg_dump for 6.4??

> I though we dumped views already.  If not, I am inclinded to apply it,

OH, ... well, if it does, I sure would like to know how, I missed it.

> but want to see what others say.  I thought Jan was working on this, or
> was that just rewrite rules?  Are you using his code?  I know there is

I tryed to stay as much in style with the code that was there as possible.

> an item on the Open Items list that talks about this:
>
>     have psql dump out rules text with new function
> Is that what this is?

I'm not sure that is the same, what my change does is add:
CREATE VIEW viewname AS select clause......;
to the dump file.

I did notice that if used with '-z' it also puts the revoke grant
statments there too.  Not my doing, just nice.

At this time there are no provisions (by me any way) to dump any
associated update/delete rules on the view.  Unless, like -z above, it
already works?

To the best of my knowlage this feature does not yet exist, if any one
else is working on it, I don't know.

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Have a great day
Terry Mackintosh <terry@terrym.com>          http://www.terrym.com
sysadmin/owner  Please! No MIME encoded or HTML mail, unless needed.

Proudly powered by R H Linux 4.2, Apache 1.3, PHP 3, PostgreSQL 6.3
Success Is A Choice ... book by Rick Patino, get it, read it!