RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)

От Taral
Тема RE: [HACKERS] RE: [GENERAL] Long update query ? (also Re: [GENERAL] CNF vs. DNF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> however if A and C are identical, this could become:
>
>     (A OR A) AND (A OR D) AND (B OR A) AND (B OR D)
>
> and A OR A is A:
>
>     A AND (A OR D) AND (B OR A) AND (B OR D)
>
> and since we are now saying A has to be true, we can remove OR's with A:
>
>     A AND (B OR D)

Very nice... and you could do that after each iteration of the rewrite,
preventing the size from getting too big. :)

I have a symbolic expression tree evaluator that would be perfect for
this... I'll see if I can't adapt it.

Can someone mail me the structures for expression trees? I don't want to
have to excise them from the source. Please?

Taral