Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] text should be a blob field

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [QUESTIONS] Re: [HACKERS] text should be a blob field
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 Mar 1998, Vadim B. Mikheev wrote:

> Peter T Mount wrote:

> > There was some talk about this about a month ago.
> >
> > Although we now have blob support in the JDBC driver, there is one
> > outstanding issue with them, that I was waiting for 6.3 to be released
> > before starting on it (and almost certainly starting a discussion here
> > about it).
> >
> > Allowing text to use blobs for values larger than the current block size
> > would hit the same problem.
>
> When I told about multi-representation feature I ment that applications
> will not be affected by how text field is stored - in tuple or somewhere
> else. Is this Ok for you ?

Yes. What I was meaning was if the "somewhere else" is in a blob, then we
would have to keep track of it if the tuple is updated or deleted.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder