Re: [HACKERS] OK to send e-mail?

От Vince Vielhaber
Тема Re: [HACKERS] OK to send e-mail?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 5 May 1998, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

> list@listme.com writes:
>
> > OK to send an e-mail to pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org?
>
> Intruder alert!
>
> Could someone forge an error reply to that message, so that our list
> doesn't get put on their spam list?  (And, of course, if someone could
> track them down physically and break their legs, so much the better!)
>
> Actually, now that this has started, the proper way to go may be to
> start blocking postings to the lists from anyone not on them.  On the
> down side, this means that people must send their postings from the
> address they're subscribed as.

The other downside is that anyone in need of help has to subscribe before
they can ask their question.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
              "I'm just not a fan of promoting stupidity!
            We have elected officials for that job!" -- Rock