Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Дата
Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
A seriously substantial portion of the diff for this patch all is
supporting trivial renaming, like changing everything that uses:

-       TypeName   *typename = (TypeName *) cmd->def;
+       TypeName   *typeName = (TypeName *) cmd->def;

Is that really necessary?  After going through a few pages of diff code
where supporting this trivial bit was the only change, my eyes glazed
over.  Minimizing diff size makes it much more likely somebody will
complete a review of the functional parts of your submission before
getting bored.

If it is needed, I'd suggest you'd get a warmer reception here submitting
two diffs, one that just did the renaming and a second that actually had
the functional bits in it.  Then it would be possible to casually scan the
renaming one for a second to see it was trivial and boring, followed by a
review of the functional one that was focused on its real changes.

Сообщение: Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends
Сообщение: Re: Mostly Harmless: Welcoming our C++ friends