Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008, Dave Page wrote:

> It's going to be of little use to 99% of Windows users anyway as it's
> written in Python. What was wrong with C?

It's 471 lines of Python code that leans heavily on that language's
Dictionary type to organize everything.  Had I insisted on writing
directly to C first, it would have be of no use to 100% of all users in
the 8.4 timeframe because it wouldn't be even remotely close to finished
by now.

I'd ultimately like to use the Python version as a spec to produce a C
implementation, because that's the only path to get something like this
integrated into initdb itself.  There were just too many thing to get
under control for that to practical just yet.