Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Simple postgresql.conf wizard
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Greg Smith wrote:

> Memory detection works on recent (>=2.5) version of Python for Windows
> now.

I just realized that the provided configuration is really not optimal for
Windows users because of the known limitations that prevent larger
shared_buffers settings from being effective on that platform.  I know
there are some notes on that subject in the archives that I'll look
though, but I'd appreciate a suggestion for what a good upper-limit for
that setting is on Windows.  I also wonder whether any of the other
parameters have similar restrictions on their useful range.