Re: hp ciss on freebsd

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: hp ciss on freebsd
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Claus Guttesen wrote:

> Is the ciss-controller found in HP-servers a "better" raid-controller
> compared to the areca-raid-controller mentioned on this list?

If you search the archives for "cciss" you'll see a few complaints about
this controller not working all that well under Linux.  The smart thing to
do regardless of what other people say is to test yourself and see if
you're meeting expectations.  I've got a sample of how a single disk
performs with an Areca controller you can use as a baseline at
http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/pg-disktesting.htm