Re: hp ciss on freebsd

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: hp ciss on freebsd
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Nov 5, 2007, at 8:19 AM, Claus Guttesen wrote:

> Is the ciss-controller found in HP-servers a "better" raid-controller
> compared to the areca-raid-controller mentioned on this list?

I've had great success with the P600 controller (upgraded to 512MB
bbwc) plugged into an MSA70 with a pile of SAS disks.  I'm using R6
(ADG) and getting some crazy good numbers with it.

My newest box has a built-in p400, that did ok, but not as good as
the p600.  HP also has the P800 available as well.

Your best bet is to load up some data, and do some testing.  Check
out the pgiosim project on pgfoundry, it sort of simulates a pg index
scan, which is probably what you'll want to focus on more than seq
read speed.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.dellsmartexitin.com/