Re: Configuration starting point...

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Configuration starting point...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007, Nathan Wilhelmi wrote:

> are the out of the box configs pretty good or are there any recommended
> changes I should be making to start with?

The out of the box configuration is wildly inappropriate for your system,
and there are few examples of something appropriate to point you at--much
of the information floating around is out of date for your class of
hardware.

See http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/pg-5minute.htm for
something current to get you started.  That will lead you to additional
resources you can drill into from there, and includes some disclaimers
about what you should ignore in the guides that haven't been updated
recently.