Timestamp in pg_dump output, was Re: How I can know a back up database is up to date

On 09/08/2007 23:40, son@raider.co.nz wrote:

> My database is restored from a dump file every day. How I know that this
> database is up to date (as it has no timestamp in any table).
>
> If I create a file, I can know when I created it by seeing its property.
> How I can do the same thing with a back up database.

Actually, it *would* be really handy if pg_dump included a timestamp in
the plain-text output. The version I use regularly (Windows)
doesn't...it simply says "PostgreSQL database dump" which is only
helpful to a point. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie