Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007, Gregory Stark wrote:

>> I was seeing >90% dirty+usage_count>0 in the really ugly spots.
>
> You keep describing this as ugly but it sounds like a really good situation to
> me. The higher that percentage the better your cache hit ratio is.

If your entire buffer cache is mostly filled with dirty buffers with high
usage counts, you are in for a long wait when you need new buffers
allocated and your next checkpoint is going to be traumatic.  That's all
I'm suggesting is a problem with that situation.