Re: Capturing binary and other output destined for "make install"

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Capturing binary and other output destined for "make install"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Doug Knight wrote:
>   Is there a way within the existing installation mechanisms to capture
> the files generated by an execution of "make", compiling from source,
> that are copied to their locations during the "make install"? For
> example, I had considered executing a "make -n install", capturing that
> output, and turning it into a script. I'm not looking to make an RPM.
> I've been tasked to automate our build/install process so that we build
> once (including packages related to postgres like PostGIS, and some of
> our own applications), and install from the result of the build onto a
> number of internal servers.

make install;
make -C contrib install
tar -czvf pgsql.tar.gz /usr/local/pgsql

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: todo: Hash index creation
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Bgwriter LRU cleaning: we've been going at this all wrong