Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 18 May 2007, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> Rather than trying to get something "FAQ-perfect" right now, can you at
> least brain-dump what your current process is so that others can learn?
> I've created a wiki page for this and added Heikki's tips:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Working_with_CVS

Heikki's great summary helps (I think the one piece I was screwing up is
covered there), and Pavan's comments adds some useful bits.  The still
missing part is how to make a real branch to work in, which is much easier
to work with once you figure out how to do it than either using just diffs
or tagging.

I agree the wiki is the right place to hash this out; when that's
converged to something useful, then take a snapshot and convert for the
official manual.  I'll work on it.