Re: Web team meeting minutes

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Web team meeting minutes
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I didn't participate in web-team meeting, so I'm adding:

use tsearch2 for full text searching over web-site.

Arguments: it's online index, it's has built-in support for
structured documents (4 currently, but it's enough for PostgreSQL site
and documentation), it's configurable and could be used in web-site engine.
I'd not move mailing list archive search right now, but after 8.2 release
with GIN support I see no problem to this.

I'm not available for web-development, but could help with configuring and
share my experience.

Oleg

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Here are the quick notes I made during the web-team meeting. Fills are
> always welcome.
>

> Moderation policy
> -----------------
> o    Show moderation policy on or linked from the news submission
> form.
> o    On ultiple post per company: We're really after the poeple who
> announce every minor little thing.
> o    Same issue on -announce.
> o    Split between project and vendor announcements. And split events
> vs training. When we can get to the required fonts.
> o    Summary: 1 product announcement per company per 30 days.
> Moderators may override if necessary.
> o    We won't ask them to use HTML. We let them, but don't mention
> it.
> o    Rejection message for news when rejected automated, in case
> people forget to send them the reason.
> o    Gavin will check for the font to generate images - we really
> need that. Either we'll get the one we need, or find a similar free one
> that we can use.
> o    Minimum content: Need a paragraph in each of the two boxes. Can
> be the same.
> o    Summary must show why the item is relevant to PostgreSQL if it's
> not clear from the title.
> o    On submission form: Inform people if the summary gets repeated
> or not.
> o    Show limit size of boxes on submission form.
>

> Documentation and management
> ----------------------------
> o    Move to pgfoundry?
> o    Set up trac for config files and wiki. Tickets as well.
> CommandPrompt will donate, or possibly EHPG.  CMD host, gavin manage?
>

> Wwwmaster redundancy
> --------------------
> o    Wwwmaster = SPOF
> o    Gavin can provide another mirror if needed.
> o    Problem is the redundancy, not performance
> o    Discussion on different replication and such things
> o    Dave will set up a spare VM as standby. Verify backup schedules.
> Coldspare for manual failover in case of breakage for now.
>

> Mirror sites
> ------------
> o    All are ftp at the moment.
> o    Add http download mirroring. Split links under download flags.
> o    Update list of mirrors to include which area it's in, and show
> that in the list of mirrors. (Gavin)
>

> Gborg -> pgfoundry
> o    Larry will be working at this. Start by contact everybody and
> figure out what they need help with.
>

> //Magnus

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83