Web team meeting minutes

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Web team meeting minutes
Дата
Re: Web team meeting minutes
Список pgsql-www
Hi!

Here are the quick notes I made during the web-team meeting. Fills are
always welcome.

Moderation policy
-----------------
o    Show moderation policy on or linked from the news submission
form.
o    On ultiple post per company: We're really after the poeple who
announce every minor little thing.
o    Same issue on -announce.
o    Split between project and vendor announcements. And split events
vs training. When we can get to the required fonts.
o    Summary: 1 product announcement per company per 30 days.
Moderators may override if necessary.
o    We won't ask them to use HTML. We let them, but don't mention
it.
o    Rejection message for news when rejected automated, in case
people forget to send them the reason.
o    Gavin will check for the font to generate images - we really
need that. Either we'll get the one we need, or find a similar free one
that we can use.
o    Minimum content: Need a paragraph in each of the two boxes. Can
be the same.
o    Summary must show why the item is relevant to PostgreSQL if it's
not clear from the title.
o    On submission form: Inform people if the summary gets repeated
or not.
o    Show limit size of boxes on submission form.

Documentation and management
----------------------------
o    Move to pgfoundry?
o    Set up trac for config files and wiki. Tickets as well.
CommandPrompt will donate, or possibly EHPG.  CMD host, gavin manage?

Wwwmaster redundancy
--------------------
o    Wwwmaster = SPOF
o    Gavin can provide another mirror if needed.
o    Problem is the redundancy, not performance
o    Discussion on different replication and such things
o    Dave will set up a spare VM as standby. Verify backup schedules.
Coldspare for manual failover in case of breakage for now.

Mirror sites
o    All are ftp at the moment.
o    Add http download mirroring. Split links under download flags.
o    Update list of mirrors to include which area it's in, and show
that in the list of mirrors. (Gavin)

Gborg -> pgfoundry
o    Larry will be working at this. Start by contact everybody and
figure out what they need help with.

//Magnus