Re: Looking for a large database for testing

От: Oleg Bartunov
Тема: Re: Looking for a large database for testing
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Tino Wildenhain, )
  Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
   Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Sebastian Hennebrueder, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Mark Rae, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  (Oleg Bartunov, )
 Re: Looking for a large database for testing  ("Jim C. Nasby", )

Sebastian,

you can try document generator. I used
http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~jz/resources/finnegan.zip
yuo can play with freq. of words and document length distribution.
Also, I have SentenceGenerator.java which could be used for
generation of synthetic texts.

     Oleg
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Sebastian Hennebrueder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to test the performance of my Java/PostgreSQL applications
> especially when making full text searches.
> For this I am looking for a database with 50 to 300 MB having text fields.
> e.g. A table with books with fields holding a comment, table of content
> or example chapters
> or what ever else.
>
> Does anybody have an idea where I can find a database like this or does
> even have something like this?

     Regards,
         Oleg
Internet: , http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83