Re: Eeek! Major problem after reload with tsearch2

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Eeek! Major problem after reload with tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Karl Denninger wrote:

> The patch is in the 8.0.1 version of Tsearch2 already.
>
> The problem is that I have a dump from a 7.4.1 database taken with the
> 8.0.1 pg_dumpall that I need to be able to get back online on 8.0.x.

you had to apply patch to 7.4.1 db before dumping or use regprocedure_update.sql
to update your live 7.4.1 database ! pg_dump (pg_dumpall) has nothing with
the problem. After applying patch and dumping db you have OID-free db and
should have no problem !

> Is the only option to find all the functions in the tsearch.sql file, drop
> them by hand, remove all the tsearch2 index fields, then reload
> tsearch2.sql and re-create the indices?
>
> That's not impossible, but a shizload of work, as there's no good way that
> I can see to drop all the tsearch2 functions in a single step (e.g. I'd
> have to go through the tsearch2.sql file individually, find all the
> entries, drop them, etc.)
>
> Another possibility....
>
> Does a pg_dumpall dump functions as well?  It appears not from the
> documentation - so if I drop the columns and then dump the database, I
> should have a "clean" dump without the OID stuff in it.
>
> If I then re-init and reload the data, I should then be able to do so
> without the tsearch2.sql stuff.  I can then reload the tsearch2.sql
> functions and re-create the indices.
>
> Sound plausible?

No, if you have OIDs in db pg_dump* will dump them. Try regprocedure_update.sql
and read http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/tsearch/V2/docs/tsearch-V2-intro.html

If you have 7.4.1 db running you might go way described earlier.
> -

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83