Re: Eeek! Major problem after reload with tsearch2

От Karl Denninger
Тема Re: Eeek! Major problem after reload with tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The patch is in the 8.0.1 version of Tsearch2 already.

The problem is that I have a dump from a 7.4.1 database taken with the
8.0.1 pg_dumpall that I need to be able to get back online on 8.0.x.

Is the only option to find all the functions in the tsearch.sql file, drop
them by hand, remove all the tsearch2 index fields, then reload
tsearch2.sql and re-create the indices?

That's not impossible, but a shizload of work, as there's no good way that
I can see to drop all the tsearch2 functions in a single step (e.g. I'd
have to go through the tsearch2.sql file individually, find all the
entries, drop them, etc.)

Another possibility....

Does a pg_dumpall dump functions as well?  It appears not from the
documentation - so if I drop the columns and then dump the database, I
should have a "clean" dump without the OID stuff in it.

If I then re-init and reload the data, I should then be able to do so
without the tsearch2.sql stuff.  I can then reload the tsearch2.sql
functions and re-create the indices.

Sound plausible?

-
--