Re: GiST future

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: GiST future
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Joe Conway wrote:

> ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
> > Now I wonder why 7.4 array queries using SOME/ANY/ALL don't make use of
> > this king of indexes.
> >
> > Is there any plan to integrate Oleg's job into the core as GiST indexes
> > were?
>
> I hope to get to it someday, but have higher priorities if I can find
> some time between now and the 7.5 release. If you want to pitch in and
> implement it, by all means, go for it.

current GiST lacks of concurrency and recovery support. It's doable and
there are some plans (me and Teodor) to work on it, but we still have no
time. That means, it's too early to integrate gist based contribs into
core. Also, current GiST interface should be enhanced to be  able support
some very interesting data types like digital trees, similarity tree, etc.

> Joe

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83