Re: GiST future

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GiST future
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> ohp@pyrenet.fr wrote:
>> Now I wonder why 7.4 array queries using SOME/ANY/ALL don't make use of
>> this king of indexes.
>>
>> Is there any plan to integrate Oleg's job into the core as GiST indexes
>> were?

> I hope to get to it someday, but have higher priorities if I can find
> some time between now and the 7.5 release. If you want to pitch in and
> implement it, by all means, go for it.

GiST indexes aren't really ready for prime time (no WAL logging and poor
concurrent behavior being the main gripes).  I'm hesitant to make any of
the core SQL features depend on them until those issues are fixed.

Oleg and Teodor have made noises about doing something about those
problems, but I'm not sure it's at the top of their to-do lists ...