Re: Postgres and Perl: Which DBI module?

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: Postgres and Perl: Which DBI module?
Дата
Re: Postgres and Perl: Which DBI module?  ("Phil Dobbin" <phil.dobbin@btinternet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 29/7/02 at 14:48, dba@paragraf.ch (Francois Suter) wrote:
>
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > I just managed to get a simple database running with postgresql.
> > >
> > > Now I would like to write some CGI scripts in perl that will be able
> > > use it.
> > >
> > > What perl module should I use for this?
> >
> > I succesfully used the module called Pg:
>
> I d/l'd DBD::Pg using CPAN but the Makefile.PL complained that the env vars `POSTGRES_INCLUDE' and `POSTGRES_LIB'
couldn'tbe found so that `libq.so' couldn't be located.

> Are `POSTGRES_INCLUDE' and `POSTGRES_LIB' set in your $PATH?
>
> Any ideas appreciated :-)

Define these variables :-)

in bash:
export POSTGRES_INCLUDE=/usr/local/pgsql/include
export POSTGRES_LIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib

tcshL

setenv POSTGRES_INCLUDE /usr/local/pgsql/include
setenv POSTGRES_LIB /usr/local/pgsql/lib