Server crash caused by CHECK on child

От Kovacs Baldvin
Тема Server crash caused by CHECK on child
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Server crash caused by CHECK on child  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
Re: Server crash caused by CHECK on child  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
-- Hi Kevin, and everyone!
--
-- I don't think that I only found a minor bug compared to
-- the other you wrote in your last letter: the backend crash
-- is caused by the same CHECK constraint in the child table.
--
-- However, for you without time to analyzing Kevin's huge
-- scheme, here is the very simplified, crash-causing script.

drop table child;
drop table ancestor;

create table ancestor ( node_id int4, a int4
);

create table child ( b int4 NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , c int4 not null default 3, CHECK ( child.b = 0 OR child.b = 1 )
) inherits (ancestor);

insert into ancestor values (3,4);
insert into child (node_id, a, b) values (5,6,1);

update ancestor set a=8 where node_id=5;

--
-- I am hunting it, but I have to learn all what this query-executing
-- about, so probably it takes uncomparable longer for me than for

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: