Re: copy from stdin; bug?

От Rehak Tamas
Тема Re: copy from stdin; bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Re

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> The encoding of your databases are all UNICODE. So you need to input
> data as UTF-8 in this case. I guess you are trying to input ISO-8859-1
> encoded data that is the source of the problem. Here are possible
> solutions:
> 1) input data as UTF-8
:)

> 2) crete a new databse using encoidng LATIN1. createdb -E LATIN1...
yes, this will be the sollution...

> 3) upgrade to 7.1 that has the capability to do an automatic
>    conversion between UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.
i like to use deb packages and to use 7.1 i would have to upgrade to woody
(or even sid)...

thank you for your quick help!!!

Udv
tRehak

E-Mail: Tom Rehak <rehak@sch.bme.hu>

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea
От: "Mikheev, Vadim"
Сообщение: RE: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea