Re: copy from stdin; bug?

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: copy from stdin; bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> yes, here are the output:
>
> datname          |datdba|encoding|datpath
> -----------------+------+--------+-----------------
> template1        |    31|       5|template1
> map              |  1003|       5|map
> helyes           |  1003|       5|helyes
>
> i found that if i put a space behind the letters ([o with
> accent][a-z][\t]) before the tab, it works correct... but without the
> space it corrupt the database...

The encoding of your databases are all UNICODE. So you need to input
data as UTF-8 in this case. I guess you are trying to input ISO-8859-1
encoded data that is the source of the problem. Here are possible
solutions:

1) input data as UTF-8

2) crete a new databse using encoidng LATIN1. createdb -E LATIN1...

3) upgrade to 7.1 that has the capability to do an automatic  conversion between UTF-8 and ISO-8859-1.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Сообщение: Re: Why is LockClassinfoForUpdate()'s mark4update a good idea?
Сообщение: Re: Why is LockClassinfoForUpdate()'s mark4update a good idea?