IPC Shared Memory

От Katsuyuki Tanaka
Тема IPC Shared Memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Hi when i run postmaster i got the following error and
    postmaser doesn't start,

    FATAL 1:  InitProcGlobal: IpcSemaphoreCreate failed
    IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget failed (No space left on device) key=8888014,
    num=16, permission=600
    This type of error is usually caused by an improper
    shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
    For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
    FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our

    i made query to admin and the max shared mem setting is already
    set to the max possible

    *
    * IPC Shared Memory
    *
    4294967295      max shared memory segment size (SHMMAX)
             1  min shared memory segment size (SHMMIN)
           100  shared memory identifiers (SHMMNI)
            10  max attached shm segments per process (SHMSEG)

    I tried -N and -B but didn't have luck. Could anyone help me on
    this? This problem appeared after admin changed their config
    i believe, could that be it?

    Thanks
    Katsu