Building SPI programs

От Aristide Aragon
Тема Building SPI programs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello
I have to do some programming in C or C++ and PostgreSQL.
Having not ever done this before, I opened the documentation (in my machine, /usr/local/pgsql/doc) and read about the
optionsI had. SPI, libpq, libpq++ and ecpg. I don't want, if possible, an embeded language, or anything that requires a
preprocessor.So, I thought to start by trying the first, SPI, which also seemed to be simple.
My problem comes when compiling, since the documentation doesn't say where the include files are, nor what libraries to
compileagainst.
So, I found out about the include dirs required (amazingly, one was in the source directory tree, and was not copied to
usr/local/pgsql/includewhen I installed PGSQL), and ended with cc -I/busa/tmp/postgresql-7.0.2/src/include/
-I/usr/local/pgsql/includetest.c -o test
With this command line, I got

/tmp/ccPIp24d.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccPIp24d.o(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `SPI_connect'
/tmp/ccPIp24d.o(.text+0x2b): undefined reference to `SPI_exec'
/tmp/ccPIp24d.o(.text+0x33): undefined reference to `SPI_finish'

So I supposed I needed to link against some library. With grep I searched /usr/local/pgsql/lib for SPI_, and I found no
.a'smatching.
I found that /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so and /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pltcl.so had "SPI_", however none worked.

So, can somebody help me compile a C program with SPI?

Thanks

Aristide