Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords

От Travis Bauer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-general
One of the nice things about MySql is a function that can encrypt
passwords for you.  You end up with something like the password scheme in
unix where you can encrypt, but not decrypt, which is good enough for many
puposes.  Once the password is encrypted, it could just be stored as a
plain text field.

There has to be some library which provides a function to encrypt
passwords.  One would just have to write a wrapper for it to make that a
dynamically loaded function in Postgres.  Then you could do something
like:

insert into my_password_table values ('idnum', 'Travis Bauer', encrypt('my
password);

That couldn't be too hard.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer