Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords

От Jim Mercer
Тема Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 18, 2000 at 11:17:10AM -0700, David Duddleston wrote:
> I'm currently evaluating PostreSQL, but this posting regarding passwords
> being stored in cleartext has me a bit concerned. I tried to find more
> information regarding this issue, but with no luck. Could you please share
> you thoughts on this.

by default, the passwords are stored in clear text.

however, if you are configuring passwords, then likely you are going to need
to change settings in pg_hba.conf.

in there you can specify "crypt", and the system will expect that the passwds
in pg_shadow are encrypted.

--
[ Jim Mercer                 jim@reptiles.org              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL cleartext passwords