RE: [HACKERS] Re: Problems compiling version 7 - solved

От Travis Bauer
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Re: Problems compiling version 7 - solved
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problems compiling version 7 - solved  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for all the advice.  The following was _exactly_ the problem.  I
had tried to compile this source code in a recent version of solaris.  It
compiled flawlessly, but postmaster wouldn't start up.  So I just did a
secure shell to a linux machine, ran "make clean" from the same directory,
and ran configure.  I thought make clean would erase all except the
distribution files.  It compiled, installed, and I used psql
to get into the database.  I haven't tested the ODBC or the JDBC
interfaces yet (I'm using both in my projects), but all seems to be
working.

Thanks,

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer