Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problems compiling version 7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Problems compiling version 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Ah, I see. Substituting into source files directly from configure ... very
> evil...
> (Before you ask why: What if I change Gen_fmgrtab.sh.in, do I have to
> re-configure?)

Yup, or at least re-run config.status.  I've griped that configure
writes far too many files myself.  But I didn't have much luck
convincing the other developers that it's a bad idea to set things up
that way, rather than writing just a small number of config files.

We're going to have to deal with the problem though if we ever want
to be able to build in a separate directory tree...