SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL

От Philip Crotwell
Тема SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi

I got this error, it isn't the first transaction since the server was
started, so I don't understant what it means. The docs seem to suggest
that the READ COMMITTED level is default. If there is a default, why do I
need to set it?

I am AFAIK running single threaded in my java code, so I don't think I
would be dong two separate transactions in the same connection.

postgres 7.1. and this code involved is to get large objects, so it is
non-auto-commiting.

thanks,
PHilip

 java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be
called be fore any query

        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:533)
        at org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(Connection.java:400)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection.doIsolationLevel(Connection.java:412)
        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection.commit(Connection.java:226)

And from the server log:

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'quit_pkey'
for tab
le 'quit'
ERROR:  Relation 'quit' already exists
ERROR:  Relation 'plottable_cache_seq' already exists
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'quit_pkey'
for tab
le 'quit'
ERROR:  Relation 'quit' already exists
DEBUG:  MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000C000000E4
pq_flush: send() failed: Broken pipe
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
DEBUG:  MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000C000000E5
ERROR:  Relation 'event' does not exist
DEBUG:  MoveOfflineLogs: remove 0000000C000000E6
NOTICE:  BEGIN: already a transaction in progress
ERROR:  SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query
NOTICE:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
transactio
n block