Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?

От Stephan Doliov
Тема Re: Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A book for PgSQL? A need? yes? no?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Rudy Gireyev wrote:

> So if I'm reading this correctly, the book idea is dead. Right?

hardly.  i think gene was being a little bit playful and i tried to point
out, as others have, the substantial point, which was acquiring mindshare
through the presence of an O'Reilly book.  I think it's worth doing,
especially if it is well planned and a first release would coincide with a
release of postgres that has the few features/standards it is presently
missing -- sort of an postgres has truly arrived party (much the way linux
has gained mindshare credibility among non hacker types in the past 18
months).

steve