Re: ODBC configure

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ODBC configure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> Well, standalone and integrated are two separate features. We shouldn't
> strip one at the expense of the other, but it may be that the standalone
> version is completely unused? If so, we worked at this feature for no
> good purpose, and it should be ignored until someone finds a real need
> for it imho.

The standalone build is broken at least for 7.0. I see that at some point
you tried to get the top-level configure to invoke odbc's configure
recursively to have a "distribution in the distribution". That is
definitely the right way to do it if you want to keep the dichotomy.
Somehow it seems that it didn't work for you, but at least it does work
for me. Maybe we should re-enable that?

Btw., do you recall what the separate packaging was intended for?