Re: ODBC configure

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: ODBC configure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Who's maintaining the ODBC configure and build stuff?

Me, a little bit. I haven't changed anything in quite a while.

> There's a grave issue with ODBC linking in all kinds of makefiles,
> templates, header files, etc. from the main Postgres configure
> process.

Only for a "standalone" build afaik. An "integrated build" uses all
features from the main tree.

> That creates problems for both sides: The main tree couldn't care less
> what ODBC needs tested and defined since it claims to have it's own
> configure script.
> I don't have a problem with ODBC having it's own configure script, if
> that's what's desired, but then it needs to be used unconditionally.
> Running the standalone and the integrated show at the same time
> doesn't work.

Well, standalone and integrated are two separate features. We shouldn't
strip one at the expense of the other, but it may be that the standalone
version is completely unused? If so, we worked at this feature for no
good purpose, and it should be ignored until someone finds a real need
for it imho.
                      - Thomas