Re: [HACKERS] network_ops in 7.0 and pg_dump question

От Oleg Bartunov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] network_ops in 7.0 and pg_dump question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks,
creation of index works now. But what about pg_dump ?
I still have to edit manually dump file.
look to excerption from dump file:
CREATE TABLE "applicant" (       "candx" int2 DEFAULT next_applicant() NOT NULL,       "candidate" text,       "candt"
int2,      "img" text

);

This fails because function next_applicant dumps later !

Here is a psql output:
You are now connected as new user megera.
ERROR:  Relation 'applicant' does not exist
invalid command \N
invalid command \N
invalid command \N
invalid command \N
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "2"
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "1"
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "1"
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "1"
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "24"
invalid command \.
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "24"
CREATE
CREATE

Hmm, error diagnostics still not very informative :-)
Regards,
    Oleg

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 19:03:29 -0500 (EST)
> From: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
> To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>, hackers@postgreSQL.org
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] network_ops in 7.0 and pg_dump question

> > > Now, how to convert these?  Not supplying the ops works fine, but
> > > pg_dump supplies the ops.  Maybe in gram.y, if they supply network_ops,
> > > we should just remove that from being passed to the backend for a few
> > > releases.  Comments?
> >
> > Ugly, but probably the best stopgap for backwards compatibility ...
> > at least I can't think of a better answer, since we have no way to
> > change what 6.5 pg_dump will dump.
> >
> > You're only going to suppress "network_ops" if it appears in the
> > ops position of a CREATE INDEX, right?  Don't want to stop people
> > from using the name for fields and so on.
>
> No, just at that part in the grammar.
>
> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83