Ordering of pg_dump output

От Tom Lane
Тема Ordering of pg_dump output
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output  (wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck))
Re: [HACKERS] Ordering of pg_dump output  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> creation of index works now. But what about pg_dump ?
> I still have to edit manually dump file.
> look to excerption from dump file:
> CREATE TABLE "applicant" (
>         "candx" int2 DEFAULT next_applicant() NOT NULL,
>         "candidate" text,
>         "candt" int2,
>         "img" text
> );
> This fails because function next_applicant dumps later !

Yeah, it's a known bug.  We can't just dump the functions first,
though, can we?  I'm not sure how carefully function definitions
get examined by CREATE FUNCTION.

The simplest real solution I've heard so far is to dump database objects
in order by OID rather than doing it strictly by type.

Is anyone working on this, or does anyone want to?  I haven't looked at
pg_dump in a while, but I know some other folks have been hacking it
recently.