Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.

От Fabio Mancinelli
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, Kevin Lo wrote:

> % IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=543200
> 1, size=831176, permission=600
> FATAL 1:  ShmemCreate: cannot create region

If I am not wrong shmem has to do with X shared memory extension from MIT.
Probably you try to run postgres not on the host you are logged on.
I've seen that postgres can be compiled with X support. Try to disable it.

Bye

P.S. : Probably I am completely wrong! :)

 Greetings from Fabio Mancinelli   E-Mail : mancinel@univaq.it
 Computer Science Student                   xenon@olografix.org
 University of L'Aquila               WWW : http://univaq.it/~mancinel
 (PGP Public Key available)                 http://www.olografix.org/xenon

От: Kevin Lo
Сообщение: PostgreSQL 6.4 problems on Linux.
От: Bill Moore
Сообщение: 6.1 vs 6.3.2 performance