Re: JDBC driver reports a protocol error for a CVS HEAD server

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC driver reports a protocol error for a CVS HEAD server
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Ned T. Crigler wrote:

> The JDBC driver does not connect successfully to a CVS HEAD server
> (updated as of today) when using a database set to UTF8 encoding;
> enabling the debug messages in the driver shows that it is sending
> client_encoding=UNICODE in the startup packet, but the server is
> reporting client_encoding=UTF8 back to the driver, causing the driver
> to complain:

Indeed, referring to -hackers as this is a recent backend change.  The
backend is reporting the database encoding as the client encoding.  When a
connection is created with a startup packet sending client_encoding =
UNICODE the server responds with a ParameterStatus message of
client_encoding = server encoding.  So something has gone wrong here.
It's not just a UNICODE/UTF-8 problem as I see the server responding with
LATIN1 with a LATIN1 database.

Kris Jurka