Re: [HACKERS] JDBC driver reports a protocol error for a CVS HEAD server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] JDBC driver reports a protocol error for a CVS HEAD server
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007, Ned T. Crigler wrote:
>> The JDBC driver does not connect successfully to a CVS HEAD server
>> (updated as of today) when using a database set to UTF8 encoding;

> Indeed, referring to -hackers as this is a recent backend change.  The
> backend is reporting the database encoding as the client encoding.

Confirmed here: psql has stopped obeying the PGCLIENTENCODING
environment variable.  Can't help suspecting that the recent
GUC-parameter-rollback change broke it.  (That has got to be one
of the most snakebit projects we've had ... apparently the latest
try needs reverted, again.)