Re: Bug extracting bit value

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Bug extracting bit value
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Holger Schulz wrote:
>
>> When I extract a bit value by JDBC I get an Boolean Object - even for
>> bit(3)!
>
> That's a bit strange, if varbit(n) returns a custom PGobject I'd expect
> bit(n) to do the same..

Well, varbit only returns a bare PGobject not a custom implementation, so
it's rather useless.  Any type the driver knows nothing about gets this,
so we could remove the bit behavior, but I'm not sure it's a clear winner.

> Again this is a type where there's no good JDBC mapping for it though ..
> maybe boolean[] would be right, but then you can also have real arrays of
> bools..

Right, this would be good for getObject, but setObject wouldn't know what
to do with it.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: confused about transactions and connection pools
Сообщение: Re: confused about transactions and connection pools