Re: confused about transactions and connection pools

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: confused about transactions and connection pools
Дата
Re: confused about transactions and connection pools
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> For each connection the statements BEGIN, ROLLBACK, and COMMIT are only
> prepared once and after that they are executed again and again.  This can
> be very confusing when looking at the logs which only show the preparation
> step, but not execution.  So even though you can't see them, they're being
> executed.  The 8.2 release will be the first release that can accurately
> log this usage pattern.

BTW, have you verified that it's actually worth the trouble to prepare
these commands?  Given that there's no planning cost for a utility
statement, and hardly any parsing cost for one-word commands, I'm a bit
dubious that the prepared-statement machinery actually results in a win
compared to just issuing simple Query messages.