Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux
Дата
Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Timestamp Conversion Woes Redux  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Kris Jurka wrote:
>
> > !                                     { "TimeZone", java.util.TimeZone.getDefault().getID()}
>
> Ew! How much existing code is that going to break?

Very little.  Currently everything works if the client and server are in
the same timezone which is 99% of the time.  This just ensures that the
client and server agree on what timezone to use for the remaining 1% which
are already broken.  Problems arise when the server and JDK don't have the
same set of timezones, which will happen, but not often.  We could easily
add a URL parameter to bail people out of here though.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-12/msg00139.php

Kris Jurka