Re: Interval support for Postgres

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Interval support for Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Oliver Siegmar wrote:

> I understand. Well, it depends a lot on when 8.1 driver will be released as a
> stable version (or how stable prereleases are for productional use). If a 8.1
> JDBC-Driver release is planned for mid-2005, I'm okay. Otherwise it would be
> imho a too long time to work with prereleases to get interval support.

The JDBC driver follows the server release schedule, which is roughly
yearly.  8.0 was released 1/2005 so a good guess at 8.1 is 1/2006.  As you
well know it is an open source project, so people who need just interval
support in 8.0 can backpatch just that code.  I think I can recall only
one other person in the past two years or so asking about extracting
interval fields in java, so I don't see this as a must have feature.

Kris Jurka