Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: somebody working on: Prevent default re-use of sysids
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > What about Alvaro's shared dependencies work:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-10/msg00963.php
>
> That is for allowing comments on global tables like pg_shadow and
> pg_database.  I don't think it relates to finding if someone owns
> objects in another database.

I quote from the first paragraph of the given link:

I'm currently playing with implementing a "shared dependency" catalog,
to keep track of objects pointing to global objects, currently users and
tablespaces.  So it is forbidden to drop a user that owns tables (or
whatever objects) on other databases.

Kris Jurka