Re: 8.0 beta4: Exception when including catalog qualifier in

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: 8.0 beta4: Exception when including catalog qualifier in
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Laferriere, Al wrote:

>                                     ResultSet rs =
> stmt.executeQuery("SELECT \"psdb \".\"public\".\"tt\".\"ans\" FROM
> \"psdb \".\"public\".\"tt\"");
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: syntax error at end of input
>

> Also, there is no problem with UPDATE or INSERT statements when the
> catalog is included.  Only in the SELECT statement.

Doubtful:

jurka=# insert into catalog.schem.tab.col values (1,2,3);
ERROR:  improper qualified name (too many dotted names):
catalog.schem.tab.col

> I did note that the driver does return false to
> connection.getMetaData().supportsCatalogsInDataManipulation(), so, there
> is actually no reason to expect that catalog qualifiers would be
> supported. However, as noted, it did work OK in 7.4 (even though the
> supportsCatalogsInDataManipulation() returned false there also).

This did not work in 7.4 either, it even gives a much better error message
than 8.0's "syntax error"

jurka=# select * from catalog.schem.tab;
ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented

Kris Jurka