Re: 8.0 beta4: Exception when including catalog qualifier in

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.0 beta4: Exception when including catalog qualifier in
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> This did not work in 7.4 either, it even gives a much better error message
> than 8.0's "syntax error"

> jurka=# select * from catalog.schem.tab;
> ERROR:  cross-database references are not implemented

I'm not sure why 8.0 wasn't handling this properly --- I suspect that
the hack I used awhile ago to suppress a reduce/reduce conflict was
actually just confusing bison so much it didn't recognize that the
grammar was ambiguous.  Anyway, I've fixed it in CVS tip.