Re: Very strange Error in Updates

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Very strange Error in Updates
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Dario V. Fassi wrote:

> Kris Jurka wrote:
>
> Kris, the value of field is originate from a DB2 v6.1 with encoding
> IBM-850 (Ascii PC), I don't believe that the value are unicode.

I mean that java and the jdbc driver internally represent strings with
unicode.  If any of the data has the high bit set (ASCII values > 127)
then the jdbc driver will send it as two bytes or more because it uses
UTF-8.  Normally the server will convert it from UTF-8 to the database's
encoding, but if the database is SQL_ASCII it doesn't know how to convert
it and must keep it as two bytes.  You have not told us what your
database's encoding is yet.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Very strange Error in Updates
Сообщение: Re: Very strange Error in Updates