Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Laurent Sylvain wrote:

> I experienced some TCP connection leaks when using PGSQL JDBC driver 7.4
> (build 214) to connect to a 7.3.4 server.
> The symptoms are that when performing a netstat on the client machine, many
> connections were in the CLOSE_WAIT state.

I'm not much of an expert on TCP, so could you give me a little more
background on this?  I've duplicated the behavior you describe and I
believe your fix is correct, but I'd like to understand this better.
First why is this a problem, the CLOSE_WAIT entries disappear rather
quickly.  Second the number of CLOSE_WAIT items is nothing compared to the
number of TIME_WAIT entries, why aren't they a problem?

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets
Сообщение: Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type get