Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type get

От Sailer, Denis (YBUSA-CDR)
Тема Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type get
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Yes, there is talk of a patch going into CVS, but there isn't anything that
says "here it is".  Is there a patch in CVS and would someone post the
procedure for getting it out?

I don't see how this is a missing feature.  The documentation clearly states
that bytea can hold up to 1GB of data.  Isn't it fair to assume that each
interface that can be used to insert that data would work correctly?

Wouldn't the regression tests that get performed as part of each version
rollout catch this kind of error?  Binary data is so common in databases
these days.

If you couldn't tell by the questions, we are attempting to convert several
Oracle and DB2 databases to PostgreSQL.  The storage of documents is
critical to getting this done.  Up to this point my only worry was how to
deal with no point in time recovery.  I kind of expected basic functionality
to just work.